Tyra Banks - A feline beauty

Tyra Banks in Vogue Italia

"I started America's Next Top Model to show the media that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, that beauty is seen in unique features such as freckles and large foreheads. Recently, I decided to make my mission global by starting the B.I.O. (Beauty Inside & Out) campaign. I want to expand the definition of beauty throughout the media. One of my first steps is getting full-figured (what I'm now calling Fiercely Real) women out into the media where atypical beauties are not routinely seen."

Tyra Banks in Vogue Italia

Tyra Banks in Vogue Italia

Tyra Banks in Vogue Italia

Tyra Banks in Vogue Italia

"Being photographed for a major fashion magazine is such a fantastic experience. It is hard to believe that just a few weeks ago, I was featured in L'Uomo Vogue and now a previously unknown full-figured model is going to be featured on Vogue.it! I'm so proud of her and I can't wait to see how far she will go. But again, this is only the first step in my Beauty Inside & Out Campaign. I have so many more plans for all the atypical beauties of the world and need everyone's help to expand the definition of beauty in the media."

Tyra Banks in Vogue Italia

aDear Tyra Banks beautiful than ever, shot by Francesco Carrozzini for L'Uomo Vogue

10 comments:

  1. Tyra is a beauty

    http://ebonyintuition.blogspot.com

    http://beautyestdiverse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Não sou fã dela, mas admiro-lhe a beleza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is really beautifull!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is ...she is one of the kind.
    amazing woman, not only in fashion industry but the whole world

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got freckles, please pick me! ahah :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is not showing any sign of getting anywhere near a full-figure, is she? Her campaign is certainly positive on the whole but a wee bit backwards: we already have models with impossibly high foreheads (Kate Moss, Lily Cole) and freckles (not sure what is wrong with freckles, but then I don't have the same background as Tyra so I might be missing out on a cultural reference) etc.

    I would not equate 'full figure' women with 'fiercely real' women. Once again, fat women have been used by fashion/lifestyle magazines and media for quite sometime... I think they are trying to get rid of their guilt by showing fat women alongside the anorexic.

    In the end, these media outlets are painting a picture of our society which is everything but fiercely real. Women have the choice to be either dead skinny or very fat. This is completely unreal. Most women (80%) are neither nor. They are on a spectrum which ranges from a bit underweight to a bit overweight. Each of these wome has different features. One will have larger hips, another one, larger breass, a third one a tummy which is not completely flat. All these women will still be very good looking.

    Fashion is not about having a perfect body. No-one does. Fashion is about surrounding our body with clothes to create a perfect silhouette - at least one nearing perfection.

    Dressing well is about dressing according to your body type, your small imperfections and making the most of your assets...


    http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful is she !!!
    And the styling makes her look even more beautiful !

    p.s: you must have been so pleased with the S.G. tweet, I'm glad x you ! ;D

    ReplyDelete