|Lyle & Scott Fall 2013|
Richard Martin now reigns as Brand Director ensuring a clear direction for Lyle & Scott and its future, and Carolyn Massey remains Head of Design, seeing her first collection go into store for Autumn-Winter 2013. Simon Foxton & Nick Griffiths style and shoot all the campaign imagery and look books for Lyle & Scott starting from this season, Autumn-Winter 2013.
The creative direction has in turn created clean, aspirational imagery celebrating the product and it's design. The heritage and provenance of Lyle & Scott informs every garment in any collection and is vital to the future image of the brand. Plus, this year Lyle & Scott is celebrating its 140th anniversary.
Some curious facts on the history behind Lyle & Scott:
- 1874 - Company founded by William Lyle and Walter Scott producing woollen underwear.
- 1935 - Brand expands into knitted outerwear under new MD, Charles Oliver.
- 1954 - Lyle & Scott sign a lucrative deal with Christian Dior to manufacture an exclusive cashmere range for the US market.
- 1967 - Launch of a new Golf Range along with the iconic Golden eagle.
- 1975 - The brand is appointed the Royal Warrant by HRH, The Duke of Edinburgh.
- 1980s -The brand, along with the iconic golden eagle is embraced by youth subculture the ‘Casuals’
- 2013 – re-launch of ecommerce. Launch of new flagship store on Carnaby Street.
- 2014 - 140th Birthday of the brand. Sees the launch of the Lyle & Scott 140 and The 1960 collection. Still the only golfing brand to hold the Royal Warrant.
For more, visit the official website: www.lyleandscott.comLyle & Scott Lyle & Scott Lyle & Scott Lyle & Scott Lyle & golf clothing golf clothingt